Friday, December 16, 2011

Little hands Christmas keepsake angel

I wanted to make a keepsake for my little ones second Christmas. I have seen a few crafty things done with hand prints and thought I would make up a felt angel using cutouts of her hands for wings. This gives us a nice keepsake of her little hands and a decoration for the tree for years to come.

First I photocopied her hands to make a template for the wings.

I then drew up a body shape for the angel and cut two pieces of felt, joined them together and stuffed them with filling.

I cut two circles for the head and cut some scraps of yellow for hair. After embroidering the face I sewed these together, added some stuffing and attached it to the body.

The little hands were cut out of felt with glitter on it and attached to the back of the body.

Here is a pic of the little angel keepsake - all up it only took a little over an hour to make from start to finish...I'm thinking I might add something to the front of her body as she looks a little plain...

No comments:

Post a Comment