Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gift for new baby

Friends just had a new baby girl and I wanted to make something very special. I started out making a little teddybear in a rabbit suit and it was very fiddly so there was no way I would get it made in time.

I have half of the teddy knitted up and guess I will put it in my to do pile. Anyway getting back to the new baby girl...

I found a 1940's Women's Weekly pattern for a lace baby vest and knit it up in a more modern style (minus the extra frills around the neck and sleeves) using baby bella 4 ply I had. The vest knit up quite quickly and was much easier than I originally thought it would be. I decided it needed something else to go with it so I made a little pair of mary jane booties in the trim colour of the vest and sewed a little bunny and bib.

I love the lace pattern and am thinking I might knit myself a lace scarf.


No comments:

Post a Comment