Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rain, rain come and stay....

I woke up this morning to the sound of splashing water....after a few moments of feeling a little disorientated I finally realised it was raining and the sound I could hear was the water splashing into the water tank outside my bedroom window.

The tank was full to capacity three months ago....The toilets and washing machine are connected to it as are all the garden taps.

There wasn't enough rain to re-fill it but every little drop will count. And the rains they will be comin soon.

I love the sound of rain especially on a tin roof and the smell of rain, the glow that makes the leaves on trees look really green when a big storm is coming, the big fluffy clouds that change shape and watching the steam rise off hot bitumen as it is cooled by rain after hours baking in the hot sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment